Point of Sale Software
Honeywell MS7580 Genesis Scanner
Honeywell’s MS7580 GenesisTM, the world’s first presentation area-imaging scanner engineered to decode all standard 1D, PDF and 2D codes, provides enhanced productivity and revolutionary imaging technology in an elegant, yet durable design.
The MS7580 is redefining industry standards for imaging solutions. Breakthrough performance and a versatile form factor make this product suitable for environments ranging from manufacturing to healthcare to retail POS.
Patented CodeGate® technology along with an activation button support menu-scanning and other targeted-scanning applications.
Unlike other scanners with multiple on-board interfaces, the MS7580 has four dedicated memory banks—each one capable of storing full configuration settings for RS232, keyboard wedge, USB and 46xx RS485 interfaces.
Automatic cable detection and configuration simplifies migration to a new interface by eliminating the need to scan programming bar codes. Three additional patented technologies augment the MS7580’s unmatched feature set:Shielded LEDs minimize the intense flashing common among other area imagers.
CodeSelect allows the MS7580 to capture up to seven bar codes in a single flash and output data in any predetermined order.
TotalFreedom expands scanner functionality by allowing formatting, parsing and decoding plug-ins to be loaded directly to the MS7580 instead of the host system.
- MS7580 Genesis Features
- Motion Tolerance:
- Multiple On-Board Interfaces: Reduces overall system cost
- TotalFreedom: Expands scanner functionality by allowing image processing, decoding and formatting plug-ins to be loaded directly to the scanner instead of the host system
- Image Capture: Improves document management by capturing and storing electronic images, including coupons,personal checks, signatures and damaged packages
- Mobile Phone Reading: Excels at scanning coupons and mobile tickets directly from the screen of a mobile device
- Flexible Licensing Solution: Meets diverse scanning requirements by offering models with limited decoding capabilities—purchase decoding licenses to enable additional functionality as the need arises
- CodeSelect: Scans up to 7 bar codes in a single flash and outputs data in any predetermined order
- Optional EAS: Increases efficiency by simultaneously deactivating EAS tags and decoding bar codes